Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Times like these

On Saturday, my little demon broke a window. We're not exactly sure how he did it. He claims he was trying to catch a fly with a baseball bat. This baseball bat is made of foam, so we are a little perplexed. We do know the little guy is super strong, but we didn't realize he was Bam Bam strong. I received an estimate to replace the window: > $300. This is an added expense that really hurts right now. I am having a bit of anxiety over our cash flow: hiring a nanny we can not afford and fixing necessary household items that we can not afford. Whenever N does something like this, it creeps into all aspects of my life and I think about all the things that are tough right now. I know we are doing the right thing by getting a nanny for him, but doing the right thing hurts. When my pocketbook hurts, I get scared. When I get scared, I don't act rationally. I get tense, I focus inward, I don't want to be 'bothered' by anyone. I'm not as good of a mom. It filters into all aspects of my life. God, grant me the serenity ...

No comments:

Post a Comment