Saturday, October 18, 2008

Get out of my head, you BITCH

OK. I've been having a running argument in my head with a bitch in my community. You know the one: She gives you nasty looks, she makes sure you know she disapproves of your parenting and your kids, etc...
Anyway, today she says to me "Do you know your son has a plate piled with brownies?" in such a tone as to convey A) I'm not properly shadowing my kid and B) 'Well of course he misbehaves, you let him eat tons of sugar.'
My reply was: "He always does that, but he only ever eats one or two."
Her reply: "What happens to the rest of the brownies?"
Me: "He doesn't eat them."
She was clearly upset over the prospect of brownies going to waste. LOL.
Look lady, I pick my battles. If I was to prevent him from doing every little thing you find objectionable, I'd be fighting all day with him. N is fiercely independent. He wants to fix his own plate so I let him. He does the same thing each week and I could care less about a few uneaten brownies. And, no, he does not eat a ton of sugar. In fact, he has a wonderful appetite and he eats all sorts of foods and loves vegetables.

Now, I am just pissed at how angry and resentful I am toward this person. I am praying for her well being and trying to remind myself that she is one of God's children, too. Eventually, the resentment will fade. She really is just an unhappy person; I just wish she wouldn't spread her unhappiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment