Monday, January 12, 2009

Keep Trying

We decided that the Ritalin just wasn't working. Since it was also interfering with N's sleep, we stopped giving it to him. One person suggested that we give him a coffee bean. The theory is that all the drugs to treat ADHD are stimulants and coffee is a stimulant. So, perhaps a coffee bean would do the trick. I got some chocolate covered coffee beans and we'll give them a try. We're at the point where we will try anything. We're even considering removing the gluten from his diet. I'm skeptical about that since breast milk is gluten free and the kid was like this from the start. But, we'll see. My husband is ready to take N to see a Naturopath. I have nothing against alternative medicine (when it actually works), but K is even more skeptical than I am. If K is ready to try it, it must be worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment